ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
Aramco Asia, a full sbsidiary of Saudi Aramco, and Enactus, an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving the world through entrepreneurial action, launch the “Aramco-Enactus Innovative Challenge” to empower university students in Asia to develop innovative solutions addressing issues related to climate change, environmental sustainability and energy efficiency in their communities. Open to all institutions of higher learning in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and the Philippines, the "Aramco –Enactus Innovative Challenge for Energy, Environment and Climate Sustainability" will run from December 2016 to July 2017. Workshops will be conducted and the undergraduate students will develop and present their projects for judging at the local competition. Winners from the local competitions will then advance to the "Aramco Asia Cup" Finals to be held in Beijing, China on 9 November 2017. Together with Aramco Asia, Enactus Philippines hopes to inspire students in Philippines from a wide range of disciplines to design solutions that will address these issues and improve the lives of those in the society.
- Any new or ongoing "innovation" projects that promote sustainability on energy, environment and climate.
- The innovation projects must not receive any form or funding or financial assistance from other corporate organizations.
- The innovation projects have not participated or been presented in any competition, at the point to submission for the Aramco-Enactus Innovation Challenge.
Does the solution potentially make life better for the targeted audience-socially, economically and/or environmentally?
Has the team developed a plan for the sustainability of their solution?
- NEED ANALYSIS
Does the team have a clear understanding of the problem they seek to solve?
Has the team clearly articulated the market or societal need or gap they are filling?
- PRODUCT OR SERVICE SOLUTION
Does the (physical product or service solution) demonstrate an improvement in addressing the need or gap identified?
Does the solution create value for community or users for whom it is intended for?
Has the team clearly integrated the need of their customer with the solution?
- PRESENTATION (FOR FIVE FINALIST TEAMS)
Was the presentation clear, concise and easy to follow? (taking into account visual aids)
Was the team able to provide succinct answers during the Q & A?
- Each participating team is required to submit a project application on or before 30 March 2017 outlining the background of their project, the innovation (process, product, technology)
- The innovation projects must not receive any form or funding or financial assistance from other corporate organizations. Participating teams must agree that their project information or any competition materials will be treated as having been submitted on a non-confidential basis whether such project information or competition materials are marked or referred to by the teams as being confidential.
- It important to note that by submitting an entry to the competition, the teams warrant that the content of the entry is entirely of that their own creation and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person. If it is discovered that any entry is not the original creation of the appropriate participating team and/or breaches any other person's intellectual property rights, Enactus Philippines shall be entitled to disqualify that entry and the appropriate participants from the competition.
- Enactus will shortlist five project finalists for the Round 2 Challenge, which will be announced on 30 April 2017. Each project finalist will be receiving prototype grant of Ten Thousand Pesos (PHP 10,000) and the teams are required to conduct field test for the prototype and submit their final proposal on the impact of their prototypes in providing potential solutions or improvement in tackling the energy, environment and climate problems.
- Enactus will conduct check-in progress through workshop on project development and impact evaluation. Participation of finalist teams in the workshops is compulsory.
- It is also mandatory for finalist teams to participate in the Aramco-Enactus Innovative Challenge final pitching to explain their innovation and its impact to a panel of experts.
- In the event where finalist teams are unable to fulfill any of the above requirement(s), Enactus Philippines reserves the right to disqualify their participation and any prototype grant received must be returned to Enactus Philippines.
- It is compulsory for prototype grant recipients to participate in the Aramco-Enactus Innovative Challenge final pitching scheduled on 17 August 2017. Finalist teams will be evaluated by a panel of experts in the field of sustainable energy, environment and climate.
- Each finalist must form a team of presenters of not more than three (3) members, including the audio visual (AV) technical team. Each team will have a 10-minute for verbal/AV presentation followed by a 10 minute Q & A session with panel experts.
- Only undergraduates are eligible to be the presenters in the final pitching.
- Cash Prize will be given to the Champion Team, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up.
ARAMCO ASIA CUP
- The Finale of this Challenge will culminate at the Aramco Beijing research Centre in China on 9 November 2017 for Aramco Asia Cup.
- Winners from the Aramco-Enactus Innovative Challenge from five participating countries, which are China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines will compete at this much-anticipated regional finals.
- All projects will be judged by Aramco professionals and leading experts in the field of sustainable energy, environment and climate.
- Cash prizes of USD 3,000 for the Champion and USD 1,500 for the First Runner-up awaits for the most innovative, feasible and sustainable project.
|30 MARCH 2017||Closing date for submission of project application|
|30 APRIL 2017||Announcement of five (5) project finalists who will receive the PHP 10,000.00 prototype grant each.|
|11 MAY 2017||Seminar and Workshop|
|30 JULY 2017||Closing date for final proposal submission|
|17 AUGUST 2017||The Aramco -Enactus Innovative Challenge final pitching to select the winner to Philippines at Aramco Asia Cup in Beijing|
|9 NOVEMBER 2017||Compete against champions from China, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines for the inaugural Aramco Asia Cup!|
Are you ready to participate? Share your innovation with us by downloading the Application Form and submit it to us on or before 30 March 2017. For more information, you may contact Giselle Delos Santos at 0905-320-2779 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.